Friday 26 March 2010

100 words about my project.

When coming up with my project idea, I wanted to do something that would benefit the students on the btec national diploma (16+) in the building. At first I looked at what typical issues this age group might face. But with products on knife-crime and gang culture already being devised and produced in the building, it only occurred to me what I should base my project on when I was sitting in a lesson myself creative writing.

“Alcohol is the drug of choice among youth. Many young people are experiencing the consequences of drinking too much, at too early an age. As a result, underage drinking is a leading public health problem in this country.” Taken from the NIAAA website (national institue on alcohol abuse and alcoholism) the way young people are viewing binge drinking is frightening. I want to devise a performance and workshop that the studnets in the building can watch and enjoy, as well as, learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment