Monday 26 October 2009

Third person i admire: Danny Elfman.


It’s a wonder that although I knew about Danny Elfmans works and was a fan of his, that until last year when I decided to look into his work in more depth that I was pleasantly surprised by the pieces I was unaware he had composed. There was a world of musical-pieces that I had heard at the beginning of my favourite programmes and films, and suddenly it was all fitting together the reason I had enjoyed them so much was they were all composed by the same man: Danny Elfman.
From “the Simpsons” to “desperate housewives” to “the nightmare before Christmas” and “batman” Elfman has shown the world he can crate music for anything and succeed excellently.
Being a Tim Burton, fan I stumbled across the work of Elfman as they formed a close work partnership which meant that all Burton films have a soundtrack composed by Elfman. The two go hand in hand as Elfman understands what Burton wants to convey through his work in his films and Elfman captures every feeling of each film and makes them into musical masterpieces.
If you haven’t heard any of his pieces you haven’t lived! I find myself getting lost in the soundtrack to “Edward scissorhand” all the time, each time I listen to it, it seems to change and capture my emotions at the time of listening. Its magical music that will transport you away from your everyday life to somewhere you can’t be touched by stress and worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment