Tuesday 26 April 2011

Blog two: reflections on working collaboratively using Google Docs.


Through doing my project, I haven’t had access to a computer/laptop whenever I required it. Not having the luxury of the access to my documents wherever and whenever I need them usually means I’m rather stressed about finishing work, as well as losing sleep trying to get work done and to a decent standard. Now like anyone in a similar situation who has found and been using Google Docs, I am very happy to report back it has been a god-send for me!

Google Docs has allowed me to access my documents from any computer easily and with organisation and clarity. As well as this, it means I can just forward my documents to another person, and get feedback straight from them in the document rather than in a new file. I haven’t used the services to its full potential and allowed people to view my work as really anything saved using Google docs is unfinished when I save it, and there for me when I next need to pick-up the work where I left it. If I got to the stage of viewing other peoples work on it and allowing my work up on it, I can see how this would be very beneficial to help each other out with tips on improving others work, as well as receiving ideas from class-mates as to how to progress your work.

Networking and sharing ideas and tip’s on work is a part of Google Docs service which I am yet to really properly experience, but I definitely will keep it in mind for future potential opportunities and projects worked on in and around a group environment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah

    I feel that me and you had the same outcome on google docs as i found it really helpful as i was bale to save my work like you and be able to open your work any where. I do feel like this is a useful tool in project like our one as it really this help to have back up.

    Thanks

    Murat

    ReplyDelete